Monday, June 4, 2007

Countdown!

This is the last week of school for my kids and I have 1 week after that before we all are officially on summer break!! We look so forward to this all year and I always want to make sure we fill in this time wisely. It's the only time I can be the stay-home Mom to my children that I long to be. We will visit family, travel out of state, see more of our local library, read books together and try to be lazy at times. This year we have the addition of an above-ground pool so we won't be going on any official "vacations" but we will make this summer our vacation to home.

I am hoping to get in some Mom/dtr time to help us see more eye-to-eye. Even though my dtr is 9, I feel she will be an early bloomer and I can already see those hormones and mood-swings taking place and I need for us to be on the same playing field and not so much opposed to each other before puberity comes in full swing.

We picked up a cute book from Christianbooks.com called "Understanding Mom" and it's written for the tween population (8-12). I'm hoping we can both get some insight and laughs and lovin' from this. I need to establish a schedule where we can have this reading time together and build upon our relationship as well. I'm looking forward to it!!

Well, each day is it's own countdown and soon I'll be telling of our daily adventures. Love to all!!

No comments: